I. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for expansion of existing new State of Art Factory consisting of Fabrication Shop, Machine Shop, Assembly Shop. He will also be responsible for preparation of process lay out & process chart, Subcontracting, Industrial Engineering, Setting Standard Man Hours, Designing Shop layouts, Selection of Plant and Machinery, Sourcing, Negotiation, Scheduling, Supervision & Control of Manufacturing activities etc.
2. Overall responsible for Manufacturing, Production planning function for in-house and sub-contracted manufacturing, Process improvements, Inventory Management, Productivity Enhancement, Maintenance, Quality Processing, Cost Control & Cost Reduction, Resource Deployment & Man Management Production planning function for in-house and sub-contracted manufacturing.
3. Responsible for timely completion of in-house manufacturing and subcontracting as per quality norms laid out in QA plan and co-ordination with head of Design & Engineering on deviations in QA plan.
4. Scheduling manufacturing activities and allocation of work to the functional heads reporting to him and Target setting for production at different shops.
5. Identification of jobs to be sub-contracted, evaluation and upgradation of subcontractor facilities and award of contracts for high value contracts.
6. Co-ordinate with head of projects on changes in project plans.
7. Value Engineering & Value Analysis, Total Productive Maintenance & Overall effectiveness of the equipment.
8. Man Power Planning, Training & Development of multi skills in the employees .
9. Ensure continuous improvement in quality of products manufactured & introduction of TOC, TQM, Lean Manufacturing, JIT, KAIJAN, KANBAN & SIX SIGMA.
II. KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Setting up of expansion of existing State of Art factory with in cost & time budget
2. Completion of in house/ subcontracted jobs with in cost & time budget.
3. Introduction of systems & procedures to be an efficient organization.
He should be B.E.(Mechanical) with minimum 18 years of experience in a Heavy Engineering Industry (Fabrication, Machine Shop, Assembly). Person having more experience in Machine Shop shall be preferred.
|Salary:||Not Disclosed by Recruiter|
|Industry:||Industrial Products / Heavy Machinery|
|Functional area:||Production , Manufacturing , Main|
|Role category:||Senior Management|
|Key skills:||Production Planning Design Engineering Total Productive Maintenance Lean Manufacturing Heavy Engineering Six Sigma Continuous Improvement Industrial Engineering Productivity Enhancement Value Engineering CNC Mac|
|Any graudate:||B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Mechanical|
|Post graduate:||M.Tech - Any Specialization, Mechanical, MBA/PGDM - Any Specialization|
|Doctrate:||Doctorate Not Required|
|Please refer to the Job description above|